The Little Hours (2017)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Little Hours (2017)

Post by GORDON »

I was in the mood for something mellow today, and maybe a little heartwarming. Netflix had been advertising this movie at me, and the description just said something about some nuns at a convent in the 1300s, and the priest in one of the screenshots seemed like a happy fellow. I didn't look at the cast list.
So I watched this.

It's actually not terrible... I'd go so far as to say this is 80% of a great movie. There's something missing... I'm not sure what, yet. But it's serious in its setting and story, but as you can see from the trailer, they don't pretend to be in the 1300s.

Boobs and sex and girl-girl galore.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

The Little Hours

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've tried watching that a couple of times. With all the people in it, I should like it. But it loses me every time. I have it on my "Don't bother" list after so many attempts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Little Hours

Post by TheCatt »

The names are promising...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Little Hours

Post by Leisher »

I got through the whole thing in two sittings. If someone asked me what this movie was about I would honestly answer that I have no idea. I guess maybe it was about the ridiculous constraints of religion on its "workers", but I guess it's loosely based on the 1st and 2nd stories of The Decameron. Whatever the fuck that is...

I chuckled once or twice, but mostly I was just confused as to what I was watching. I cannot believe Aubrey Plaza and Kate Micucci picked this movie to get naked.

I have watched it, but I cannot say I really enjoyed it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”