Absolutely Anything

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Absolutely Anything

Post by GORDON »

Netflix

Another movie I watched because Simon Pegg was in it, and again I was somewhat disappointed.

He's given godlike powers, for reasons.... and it's... probably supposed to be hilarious, but isn't.

I don't know. It isn't brilliant. At all.

There's a surprise cameo and I hope this isn't the last thing he did.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Absolutely Anything (2015)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

Aliens are judging whether or not the Earth is worthy of existing so they give Simon Pegg the power of a god. Kate Beckinsale, looking as lovely as ever, plays the love interest. Robin Williams does the voice of Pegg's dog.

It's cute, not great. Seems like a family movie aside from a dick joke and the dog always talking about shagging.

Meh. If you saw it you wouldn't hate yourself, but you're not missing anything if you skip it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Absolutely Anything (2015)

Post by GORDON »

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Absolutely Anything

Post by Leisher »

I really sucked at searching before posting this weekend.

Also, I wouldn't consider Williams' role a cameo. He never appears on camera and he voices the dog most of the movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”