Metro 2033

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Metro 2033

Post by Leisher »

A film was in the works, but the rights have been pulled.

They were trying to "Americanize" the story. They wanted to set it in D.C., and as explained in the article, that doesn't work at all. Why? Because D.C. is a black city. Hard to do a story about Nazis, Commies, and "black ones" (mutants, not people) in a city that is comprised of mostly African Americans.

It might have worked better in NY, but here's a thought: Set the fucking movie in Moscow where the book has the story taking place.

Metro is post-apocalyptic and creepy as fuck. There is nothing else out there that could match it in terms of potential visuals.

My only hang up would be language. I'd like to see the whole movie done in Russian, but that means you can't have any names to draw in non-Russian audiences. Also, I feel like subtitles would ruin the visuals.

I wonder if it would be possible to film the movie with English speaking Russian actors, but for key roles bring in bigger names (there are probably only 4 roles that would need a name) and film scenes twice. Once in English and once in Russian. Has such a thing ever been done?

I want this movie to be made, but only if it's going to be done correctly. I don't want some bullshit Tom Cruise action movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”