Triangle (2009)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Triangle (2009)

Post by Leisher »

Yay Amazon Prime!

This is an interesting film to review.

The synopsis is a complete misdirection, so don't bother. This is indeed about friends who go boating, suffer an accident, and board a mysterious boat, but after that it's a completely different film than what you're expecting.

The script is tighter than you would expect for this kind of film and I credit that to the writer and director being the same person. That being said, the opening is a bit odd, the middle gets a bit ridiculous, and by the end you'll be begrudgingly saying, "ok". Everything works out once the ending is laid out before you.

That middle part is the problem. It gets a bit silly.

Aside from that, there will be one gigantic lingering question. The question that always comes up in stories like this one. If you see the film, let me know and we'll discuss it.

I would say it's worth seeing once, but keep in mind that it's advertised as a horror, and while there is plenty of killing and gore, this is not a horror.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”