Outlaw King

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Outlaw King

Post by TheCatt »

Yay Netflix?

Starring Chris Pine's penis. Seriously, that wasn't necessary.
In 14th-century Scotland, Robert the Bruce claims the crown and leads a fierce uprising to win back the country's independence from English rule.
Based on the story of this guy, Robert The Bruce. Tells the story from roughly 1298 through 1307, but focusing on 1306/1307. This occurs right after William Wallace's failed revolt.

Think Braveheart, but lower budget and the Scots win this time. Oh, and fewer entrails.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Outlaw King

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Yay Netflix?
Think Braveheart, but lower budget and the Scots win this time. Oh, and fewer entrails.
Uhh... don't the english draw and quarter a guy from a drawbridge right in front of Bruce's wife and kid? I don't remember Braveheart having that.

I thought it was slightly bloodier than braveheart, and that the budget was pretty solid. It definitely had the "epic" feel. Some battle scenes are very like the battle-of-the-bastards from Game of Thrones.

I feel like none of it is historically accurate though. The decision making by various generals and leaders is sometimes illogical and ridiculous.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Outlaw King

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote:
Uhh... don't the english draw and quarter a guy from a drawbridge right in front of Bruce's wife and kid? I don't remember Braveheart having that.
Huh. Apparently when he was drawn + quartered, I thought his entrails were opened up as well, and I remembered the scene quite graphically, but apparently it didn't happen. It was just implied via his face, screaming, and his fighting against the restraints.
GORDON
Site Admin

Outlaw King

Post by GORDON »

It was ok.

His wife was hot.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Outlaw King

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
Troy wrote:
Huh. Apparently when he was drawn + quartered, I thought his entrails were opened up as well, and I remembered the scene quite graphically, but apparently it didn't happen. It was just implied via his face, screaming, and his fighting against the restraints.
I def saw entrails. His thorax was peeled open.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Outlaw King

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I def saw entrails. His thorax was peeled open.
Yeah, it was my memory of the Gibson scene that was wrong. I had thought it was much more graphic.
GORDON
Site Admin

Outlaw King

Post by GORDON »

Oooh. Gotcha.