My Dinner with Herve (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

My Dinner with Herve (2018)

Post by Leisher »

Yay my buddy's HBOGo Account!

Peter Dinklage stars as Herve Villechaize, who you know as Tattoo from Fantasy Island. Jamie Dornan is a reporter from an English paper fighting his own demons when he is sent to LA to interview a big name person. However, he is also to meet Herve and do a side piece on him. This movie is about their friendship that develops because of that dinner, and how each man's own demons are so similar. Both find peace due to one another in their own way.

There's comedy, boobs, and feels. Dinklage is great, and I didn't understand half the shit he said. (That's a good thing considering Herve's accent.) Dinklage IS this movie.

Dornan is ok, not great. He's a good counter to Herve, but there are scenes where he felt off.

Maybe it was the story and/or director? He's the actual reporter, so perhaps there was something he left out? Don't know.

Absolutely worth a viewing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”