Into the Dark: The Body

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Into the Dark: The Body

Post by Leisher »

Yay Hulu!

This "Into the Dark" is apparently going to be a series of one shot horror films for each holiday.

The Body is about a hitman that makes a kill on Halloween and has to transport the body. People confuse it for an amazing costume (which is really a great idea) and hijinx ensue.

The biggest problem with this film is it doesn't know if it's a comedy, a horror, or something else. Still, it's entertaining. It's kind of like Weekend at Bernie's except at Halloween, and the body is far less of a character in the story.

Tom Bateman is pretty cool as the hitman. Rebecca Rittenhouse is pretty hot. In fact, everyone performs their roles really well, even the ones that are clearly comic relief.

There's one question that goes unanswered in the film. Not sure why. I'm wondering if it's going to be a recurring theme that gets answered later. I have a thought on the answer, but it's based upon something on the IMDB page. If you watch the film and are curious, ask me.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”