A Prayer Before Dawn (2017)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

A Prayer Before Dawn (2017)

Post by Leisher »

Subtitles alert. Hell, long periods of zero talking or foreign talking with no subtitles alert. (That's NOT a criticism. They're actually quite brilliant.)

An English fighter/addict gets thrown into jail in Thailand and he has to fight to survive. This is a true story. I would recommend saving that link until after you've seen the movie.

This movie is enthralling. Exceptionally well made. The acting is excellent, and especially so when you learn that all the inmates were actual inmates.

The worst thing I can say about the film is that close ups were used during the extended fight scenes to hide the fake fighting. Oh, and there's one scene that thankfully was clearly acting. (Trust me, you'll know what I'm talking about.)

There are going to be things in the film that might make folks very uncomfortable. It's a prison movie in Thailand...do the math.

Highly recommended.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”