Paradise PD

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Paradise PD

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

Remember Daniel Tosh's cartoon Brickleberry?

Remove Tosh, add Sarah Chalke, change the setting from a national park to a small town, change Tosh's baby bear to Kyle Kinane as a dog, make the park rangers cops, and you have turned Brickleberry into Paradise PD.

Literally, the same art and almost all the same voice actors.

The humor is still over the top gross jokes that aren't cleverly set up. They're just gross for the sake of being gross. Some land, most don't. I suppose if you're high or drunk, you'll get more laughs or if you're into really crude humor with no real setup. (Not judging, to each their own.)

I'm 6 episodes in and didn't laugh once during one episode, but another had me laughing as they were completely shredding CNN, FOX, and MSNBC. In fact, that episode is the best one so far. The episode I'm watching now has D&D as a central part of the plot. There's a slideshow called "Fact or Fantasy" comparing D&D and the Bible that's pretty funny.

Sarah Chalke's character is really wild. This is not Elliot or Beth. It's honestly kind of off putting.

Not a terrible show, but this isn't Rick & Morty, South Park, Family Guy, or Big Mouth.

"All Tesla owners suck their own dicks." Followed by Elon Musk doing just that...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”