The Snowman

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Snowman

Post by Leisher »

Yay my buddy's HBOGo account!

Michael Fassbender is a homicide detective in Norway. He's a drunk. He also has a relationship with a kid who isn't his, but is his ex-girlfriend's. It's weird.

Val Kilmer is also a homicide detective in Norway. He's also a drunk. However, that was 9 years ago. (His inclusion in the movie is flimsy at best.)

J.K. Simmons is in the movie for some reason. (I genuinely have no idea why he was in the film.)

The story sets up in a really fucked up scene. I won't tell you what goes on, but the woman is haunting. However, the conclusions reached because of what goes on don't make a lot of sense...at all. Unless the words spoken weren't heard by all parties? I don't know.

Anyway, a serial killer who leaves a snowman at the scene of his crimes, is discovered to be active. I'll tell you right now that the reveal of who it is sucks. It makes some things fit, but it sucks.

I guess this movie is based upon a book, and something must have gotten lost in translation. It's just a weird, weird movie. Very disjointed and all over the place.

All the acting is fine, but damn, this movie is scatterbrained.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”