How It Ends

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

How It Ends

Post by GORDON »

Yay! Netflix. Kinda.

Forest Whitaker has a decently sized role in this, it's about how civilization breaks down overnight for some mysterious reason, and the guy in Chicago has to drive to Seattle to get his hot fiance because shit seems to have gone down on the west coast and now all flights are cancelled.

This movie should have been called, "The Way It Ends, LOL," because of the way it ends. There was some good conversation on the long drive, but I am not satisfied.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

How It Ends

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: There was some good conversation on the long drive, but I am not satisfied.
Exactly. This was a decent movie that doesn't deliver when it counts.

Once they reach their destination turn it off because it just gets mind-numbingly stupid and predictable.

I also hated the lack of specifics about the disaster/attack/whatever and how nobody was doing shit about it. The government sent no help, they just stopped people from heading that way. People there did nothing. They just sat around and waited for whatever was next.

The stuff in the car was good. Everything else is garbage.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

How It Ends

Post by GORDON »

I have a speculation.

Supervolcano somewhere near Washington. Explains the devastation and pyroclastic cloud.

But doesn't explain the derailed train in Nebraska (?), unless that was just a random accident or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

How It Ends

Post by Leisher »

It would explain everything about the Northwest, but not the Southwest. A supervolcano's effects would travel East, not South. That cloud would be a mass visible from space, and would start at the volcano and go directly East. I still remember the satellite images from Mount Saint Helen's.

Also, cell service would still work, particularly on a sunny day...

Oh, and you made me remember that chick they pick up. Her entire story line was stupid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

How It Ends

Post by GORDON »

I like the inclusion of the Res being a whole new world...

But yeah, all the pieces don't fit for a supervolcano.