The Meg (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Meg (2018)

Post by GORDON »

The movie is almost exactly what I expected... Silly, mostly.

There are a lot of parallels to Deep Blue Sea.

My biggest complaint is that the size of the shark on the posters was super exaggerated compared to the movie shark. Movie shark wasn't even 100 feet long. Yawn. The poster with the shark coming up under the cruise ship had a bite a quarter mile wide. That's the shark I want...
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Meg (2018)

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, there's a ton of stupid. Not Jaws 4 levels of stupid, but still a lot of stupid.

Don't expect reality. This is purely stupid popcorn fun. You should only be coming to see how people die.

Ruby Rose continues to be incredibly hot. Bingbing Li is pretty hot too. Rainn Wilson was fun. Statham is Statham.

Respect to the film makers for not playing out any romantic story lines amid the carnage of friends and family.

This movie won't age well. See it once when you just want something formulaic, dumb, yet entertaining.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”