Lady Bird (2017)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Lady Bird (2017)

Post by Leisher »

A character piece about a 17 year old girl experiencing her senior year at a Catholic school in Sacramento, California.

I really have no issue with this movie. Her family is one of the poorer ones at the school. She lies to prevent being embarrassed. She betrays friends to try and climb social ladders. She has fights with her parents. She falls in love. She wants independence. Etc. This movie really hits the nail on the head, imho, in terms of being a teen.

It's funny, cute, sad, will elicit that emotion where you're embarrassed for the character, and more.

It's a good film, I'm just not sure the audience for it is us grown men. For me, yes, but I'm a film buff. For someone like Gordon, probably not unless he used it as a way to spark a conversation with his kid about girls. In which case, I think it'd be a great tool for that. It really shows how boys and girls of this age have no clue what they're doing and why their relationships are doomed.

This is definitely a movie moms and daughters can watch as the mom-daughter dynamic here is central to the plot.

The more I break it down in my head, the more I really respect and enjoyed the writing. The great casting and acting are just toppings on the cake.

Recommended.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”