The Belko Experiment (2016)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Belko Experiment (2016)

Post by Leisher »

An office in Columbia with a bunch of foreign workers gets taken over and fortified. Instructions are fed over the PA. Kill your co-workers or die.

It's an interesting premise and entertaining enough. You have lots of stereotypical behaviors from the murderous types to the hippies to the save everyone folks, etc.

Thing is, I didn't like the "hero". I didn't necessarily hate his ideology, but his methods sucked. So it was tough rooting for him and his group. They did a lot of mind numbingly stupid stuff that should have gotten them killed.

In fact, one of my gripes is convenient escapes and characters not staying true to themselves in this film. The biggest complaint I have starts from a handful of people left until the ending. It's complete horseshit. The main antagonist had no reason to do what they did. Listen to the instructions and you'll realize anyone with military training or a modicum of intelligence would have known the right play, and this person did the opposite. It made no sense. And that ending. Ugh. They wanted to get viewers talking, but I don't think they wanted to inspire the conversation to be "Well, that's stupid."

It's not all bad. I think most of you will enjoy it like I did. It's just that you'll also see the massive flaws as the film reaches its end.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”