Tau (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Tau (2018)

Post by GORDON »

Yay! Netflix.

It's sort of... SORT OF... an AI run amok movie. I won't say any more as to avoid spoilers. Probably sold to the money people as, "Only like 2 sets in the whole movie! No big-name actors! Can't miss!

It was...... ok.

Edited to add the year to the title. It'll help with searches someday. - Leisher
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Tau (2018)

Post by Leisher »

Your post reminded me that I started this film a month ago and forgot about it.
GORDON wrote: No big-name actors!
What? You were not paying attention.

The girl is the lead from It Follows, played the president's daughter in Independence Day: Resurgence, was one of the stars of The 5th Wave, was the lead female in the well received The Guest, and has films coming up with Chloe Grace Moretz, the star of those Maze Runner movies, the guy who played It (he's a Skarsgard brother), and Jeffrey Donovan.

The male lead is only the villain of the highest grossing R rated superhero or comedy film in history. (2nd overall if you throw out genres.)

Oh, and Tau? You got me there. That's some nobody named Gary Oldman. :D

But I agree with you that it was ok. The concept was kind of cool, but the story really made no sense. A guy so fucking paranoid wouldn't be so lax especially when her every action betrayed him.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Tau (2018)

Post by GORDON »

Oh , that was Francis?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Tau (2018)

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I didn't recognize anyone either.

Usually when I write a review I briefly check the IMDB page to ensure my facts are straight. Look at that, I'm already a more qualified journalist than most of the tools working in the MSM.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”