All The Money In The World

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

All The Money In The World

Post by Leisher »

A movie about the true story of John Paul Getty the III's kidnapping. I did a little research and the movie actually gets most of the story correct. Some people were added to make it play better on film, but mostly it's legit. Also, this is the movie Kevin Spacey was fired from and Christopher Plummer took over. If you see pictures of JPG (the 1st, not 3rd), he looks like Plummer, so I have no idea how Spacey got the role in the first place.

Plummer is awesome here as JPG. In fact, all the acting is pretty solid throughout.

It's a period piece, so expect 1970s cars, and older during the Euro scenes. There are flashbacks too that explain more about JPG.

There are moments of action, but this is mostly a dramatic character piece. I could see where people saw some flaws, but I enjoyed it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”