Who is America?

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by GORDON »

I figured it wasnt as straight-forward as it appeared.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It really shows you how fragile human beings can be in terms of intelligence. It makes me understand cults more, and how they can trap people.
Sources tell us the reality star willingly participated in all aspects of the prank, and had no issues with agreeing to fabricate her story about working against Ebola in Africa.

Under the direction of Cohen, she also urged people to “adopt a child soldier,” and claimed that Jessica Simpson was a supporter.

She asked for minimal donations per month to outfit children with grenade launchers and similar military equipment.

The show airs Sunday night on Showtime so check it out, and always remember Corinne’s wise words: “When you launch a grenade, you launch a dream.”
That was the outright funniest part of the show. It's was "Adopt a child," but child soldier rhetoric. Like a solid minute of just terrible things.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by GORDON »

Id sort of enjoy an opposite show, find some lefty and get then to say outrageous things, so we can point in horror and derision and say OMG THEY ARE ALL LIKE THAT.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Id sort of enjoy an opposite show, find some lefty and get then to say outrageous things, so we can point in horror and derision and say OMG THEY ARE ALL LIKE THAT.
So, I was pondering that last night.

So far, the only liberals they've had on the show are pretty popular ones: Ted Koppel + Bernie Sanders. And the character they use with them is an absurd conservative stereotype (fake news, southern accent, wheelchair bound, out of shape) who is trying to provoke them with fake information. So it doesn't go far. They do the same the other way, with a liberal character meeting with conservatives; But they also use a very conservative Israeli/Mossad character to provoke the conservatives with (the representative above, the gun lobbyists encouraging arming kids who are 3 years old, etc)

They don't use a liberal character to provoke the liberals, which I think would put them less on guard.
Leisher
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by Leisher »

I figure they won't go after liberals heavily since liberals essentially control the entertainment industry.

I wouldn't either. It's career suicide.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by GORDON »

So, in summary, dishonest, and is aimed at enforcing stereotypes.

Not helping.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: So, in summary, dishonest, and is aimed at enforcing stereotypes.

Not helping.
Helpful for exposing some racism and stupidity that exists.
GORDON
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by GORDON »

In one direction, causing more harm than help.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: In one direction, causing more harm than help.
Eh, exposing some racists, cleaning up straws in America. All good.
GORDON
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by GORDON »

And one side gets reinforced in their delusion that only the other side has crazies. That actively makes things worse.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: And one side gets reinforced in their delusion that only the other side has crazies. That actively makes things worse.
That's just, like, your opinion, man.
GORDON
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by GORDON »

I like how it's totally accepted to call conservatives Nazis, now, with zero irony.

It doesn't help.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I like how it's totally accepted to call conservatives Nazis, now, with zero irony.

It doesn't help.
You over-dramatize everything.

Can't we all get along and fight our one true enemy?
GORDON
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by GORDON »

You disagree that everyone on the right are now.freely refered to as Nazis?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: You disagree that everyone on the right are now.freely refered to as Nazis?
Yes, I do.
Vince

Who is America?

Post by Vince »

Look at the coverage of the recent conflict in Israel. I don't think the problem is that no one will try to "trick" liberals into showing what they are. The left is fine with showing their antisemitism. The problem is that those with platforms are also so twisted with hate that to them it's normal and portrayed as such.

Also, liberals have no sense of humor.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by TheCatt »

Making up a fake interview, and not labeling it out as such, and a million people sharing it, people showing their disgust of the Left based on this video? As Gordon would say, "one side gets reinforced in their delusion that only the other side has crazies. That actively makes things worse."

Stuckey blasts her viewers
“If you have to do research to figure out that a video that blatantly absurd is satirical, you shouldn’t be on the Internet,” Stuckey wrote.
Leisher
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: You disagree that everyone on the right are now.freely refered to as Nazis?
Yes, I do.
While I wouldn't say 100% of the people on the left do this, there are people on the left who do this.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: there are people on the left who do this.
Also true. But I think it's a vocal minority.
Leisher
Site Admin

Who is America?

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: But I think it's a vocal minority.
I think the vocal minorities (from every part of the political spectrum) are the ones truly dividing the country.