The Sand

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Sand

Post by Leisher »

Yay Amazon Prime!

Kids are trapped on a beach that is eating them. I went in thinking it would suck, but I can't help myself. I love B horror.

Remember The Raft from Creepshow 2? It was about the teens in the lake with a man eating oil slick. This is that story, except on the beach.

The worst part of the movie is the first 5 minutes as you watch millennials being face-punchingly annoying. I sincerely wanted them all to die immediately. I was also very concerned that the whole movie would be shot on a shaky handheld camera. It's not though, so that's a positive.

The best part of the movie is that Nikki Leigh had no problem doing an extended topless scene. In a word: Perfection.

Anyway, the film has the bad acting you'd expect and hilariously stupid plot/dialogue, but the biggest and most glaring issue is the editing. Wow did it suck. The cuts are jarring, and one death is completely out of the film, which seemed really strange. If you've never realized how important editing is, you should check out this movie just to educate yourself.

Still, it's not the worst movie ever made. Despite the bad acting, horrific editing, terrible dialogue, etc. it was somehow compelling. Some of the effects were interesting as well, while others were as lame as you'd expect.

I can't recommend this movie, because most people wouldn't be able to get past the production values, annoying people, bad acting, and again, horrific editing. However, if you stick around long enough to see Nikki Leigh's long topless scene, you might get sucked it and it wouldn't be the worst thing ever.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”