Incredibles 2

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Incredibles 2

Post by TheCatt »

Went to see it today. The projector broke. They gave us 2 free tickets per person, so we're going back tomorrow... different screen.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Incredibles 2

Post by TheCatt »

Cute. A little better than the first, which I felt was over-hyped.

The projector did not break today, but the theatre was completely sold out, thanks to the prior day's fiasco. Fortunately, it had recliners + such... so the rest of humanity was only moderately annoying.
Vince

Incredibles 2

Post by Vince »

I've heard good things.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Incredibles 2

Post by Leisher »

People bitched to the director about cursing in the film, he shot back explaining the audience isn't just kids, and the check ratings.

He's right. There is a generation of people who see animation and immediately think "for kids". Family Guy, South Park, R&M, and so on all prove that's bullshit. Yet, we still see people making that connection.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Incredibles 2

Post by TheCatt »

This is what stood out to me from that article.
Twitter is an especially good platform to have debates,
I didn't see a sarcasm tag, or any hint thereof??
Leisher
Site Admin

Incredibles 2

Post by Leisher »

This is a hilarious statement.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Incredibles 2

Post by Leisher »

I enjoyed it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Incredibles 2

Post by GORDON »

It was ok. WHen films exist to send me a message, I seem to enjoy the film less. Hard to just get into it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Incredibles 2

Post by Leisher »

I did not receive the message while watching. It helps that I was playing Supraland while watching. However, I assume it was a female empowerment thing? I would actually disagree with you.

I think the overall message was more about how together we're much stronger than apart.

Both of them sucked solo in their gender reversal roles. They each did have some success, but as a superhero team and a parenting team, they were far more successful.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Incredibles 2

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think the overall message was more about how together we're much stronger than apart
Gordon just hates that it focused on a character who wasn't a white male.
GORDON
Site Admin

Incredibles 2

Post by GORDON »

Dead on.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."