Assassination Nation

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Assassination Nation

Post by Leisher »

Looks like a version of "The Purge", which could be good, but I suspect we might get some preaching...

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Assassination Nation

Post by Leisher »

Positive review.

Apparently, that first trailer wasn't a good representation of the film. Watch this one instead:

This is made by the Russo Brothers, so +1 for that. I'm interested.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Assassination Nation

Post by Leisher »

This wasn't awesome. More of a misguided political statement than an entertaining movie.

I agreed with the first half of the film's message. We put too much of our lives in vulnerable positions and someone was taking advantage of that. Revealing things about people, which the public mob would then use to judge that person. Everyone has stuff they would rather not be public, but as we all know that doesn't stop people from acting superior.

The first part of this movie was really odd. Lots of split screen images and other weird choices. I did not dig it.

Eventually, everyone's shit does get out and when one of the lead girls is framed for it, which makes ZERO fucking sense as she was one of the biggest victims of the hacking and had her life destroyed, that's when stuff gets violent and the political message changes. All of a sudden it becomes a rah rah female empowerment in the last few minutes, which came out of fucking nowhere.

Gordon will be thrilled to know that not all the white men in the film were evil! There was a trans kid who was one of the good girls. All the other crackers were evil though...

Skip it.