Man VS.

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Man VS.

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

The star of a struggling reality survival show heads to northern Canada for 5 days in the wilderness. As he goes about surviving, he realizes he's not alone.

I had just watched The Ritual, so this had a lot to live up to as it's generally the same story. It both succeeded and failed.

Listen, the acting, dialogue, and plot details are complete shit. When your film is carried by one person, that person had better act their ass off, and Chris Diamantopoulos is inconsistent at best. To be fair, he wasn't given a lot to work with...

The story is where I'm really torn. They throw some misdirects at you, but once the reveal happened I was happy and disappointed. I liked where they went, but I was really disappointed in the execution. It just forces you to compare it to other movies that are far superior. Plus, the primary thought I had was "What was the point of all that cat and mouse stuff?" There's also lots of character moments that simply go nowhere.

You do get to see boobs for a moment.

I feel very conflicted about this film. It's a lot of shit, but surrounded by stuff I like. I can't recommend it to more casual movie people, but I think Gordon should watch it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”