Superstore

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Superstore

Post by Leisher »

NBC show that my wife kept bugging me to watch.

It's cute. Network TV, so nothing racy, but the casting and characters are really tight. I think my favorite part is that they all look real. Nobody is drop dead gorgeous, and everyone has flaws. All are super likable except the male lead. More of him in a moment.

I should note that the superstore is clearly Walmart.

Some of the best characters are the minor ones like Brett and Sandra who have minor cameos during each episode, yet are the best laughs. The elderly woman is fucking hilarious too.

They also do cool cutaway shots of normal moments in the store involving none of the main characters. They are usually funny. Tons of visual jokes in the show and you're not watching you'll miss a lot of them.

Lots of jokes at the expense of Superstore customers, but the male lead is a liberal and a complete douchebag whose ideals are constantly flawed and mocked. There's an episode where he works the gun counter and is the ignorant asshole in the story. Point being, they don't try to insult your politics or shove theirs down your throat.

Recommended.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”