The Disaster Artist

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Disaster Artist

Post by Leisher »

James Franco stars as Tommy Wiseau and Dave Franco stars as Greg Sestero in a movie about the making of The Room.

Seth Rogan, Paul Scheer, Alison Brie, Jason Mantzoukas, Zac Efron, and a bunch of other faces you'll recognize all join the cast.

Is that James Franco or Tommy Wiseau? Seriously, Franco fucking kills it. His performance is the key to this film being successful, and thankfully, he pulls it off. His brother does an excellent job as well.

If you're never seen The Room, go fucking do it. Then come watch this film.

The Disaster Artist is a really funny, well made movie that has actual emotion, but the story will probably miss you if you haven't experienced the film it's about.

The Room is the "best worst movie ever made" as Franco puts it, but that's only half the story. The Disaster Artist puts the "why" and "how" into perspective, and it'll make you stop laughing at Tommy Wiseau and appreciate him. Truth be told, he's living the dream and folks who might laugh at him are doing so from their 9 to 5 jobs in anonymity. Not saying that's no way to live, but he's living the life they dream about. That's got to mean something.

Both films are highly recommended, but for very different reasons.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Disaster Artist

Post by TheCatt »

I saw this first.

I have not seen The Room yet. OMG. I just... ugh.

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Disaster Artist

Post by Leisher »

That is hilarious.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Disaster Artist

Post by TheCatt »

Not to spoil, but I'm glad it ended like it did... rather than how it felt a few moments earlier.
It's not me, it's someone else.