Disenchantment

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disenchantment

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Disenchantment

Post by Troy »

First few episodes in. I like it so far.

It's definitely Simpsons/Futurama but set in D&D land. Some of the tropes are great. Some are maybe a bit overused. Worth a few laughs though.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disenchantment

Post by Leisher »

I've been wondering about this show. I've heard very mixed reviews.

Loved Futurama, although I think it was slightly overrated. Used to love the Simpsons way back in the day, but haven't watched it in a decade or more and haven't missed it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Disenchantment

Post by GORDON »

I've watched three episodes. It's OK. as.with all things created by Netflix... It reeks of mediocrity.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disenchantment

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: as.with all things created by Netflix...
Yeah, their selectivity isn't very good.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disenchantment

Post by GORDON »

They don't seem to take chances. Everything is.pretty milquetoast.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Disenchantment

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: They don't seem to take chances. Everything is.pretty milquetoast.
I disagree, kinda...

I think they do take chances, like Big Mouth, F is for Family, Black Mirror, etc., but you are correct that it's mostly middle of the road stuff. I think they look more for content than quality.