The Titan

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Titan

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

Sam Worthington should be a huge red flag that what you're about to see will suck. Go ahead and name one movie he's been in that's been any good.

I'm waiting.

Did you IMDB something he was a background player in that was good? I honestly don't know if such a thing exists, but if it does, it's a fluke. I don't know why his career is build upon shit, but it is and maybe it has to do with his resting "I'm a complete dick" face.

Anyway, I was tricked into watching this after seeing the trailer. Looked like a cool Sci-Fi action adventure. Nope. The trailer was cut to make the movie look like a completely different movie than it really is, which is a plodding drama about human genetic testing.

Worthington isn't even really the star, Taylor Schilling fills that role. Worthington is essentially a plot device for Schilling's story. This really reminds me of someone's attempt to cash in on that fish fucking movie, The Shape of Water.

Poorly written and directed. Netflix needs to pick its scripts better.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Titan

Post by GORDON »

Was that him in Avatar? It was on TV over the weekend and watched three minutes of it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Titan

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sam Worthington should be a huge red flag that what you're about to see will suck. Go ahead and name one movie he's been in that's been any good.

I'm waiting.
Hacksaw Ridge ?

Note: As far as I can tell, I've never seen any movie he's in.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Titan

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Was that him in Avatar? It was on TV over the weekend and watched three minutes of it.
Yep, which furthers my theory.
TheCatt wrote: Hacksaw Ridge ?
That is, by far, the best movie he's been in and he wasn't the star. In fact, his role was pretty minor.

I don't hate Worthington, but his film choices suck and he doesn't have a lot of range.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Titan

Post by GORDON »

It was meh.

Spoilers follow, I guess.

Couldn't really see the point of going to Titan if he was going to.be alone. Seems like they were going to shut down the DNA program, and. 5% survival rate isn't great, anyway.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The Titan

Post by Vince »

Heh... I had to look him up. Couldn't put a face with the name. He is fortunate to have one of those faces and ways of carrying himself that makes you immediately want to like him. But you're right that his acting level doesn't really seem push him beyond that.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren