TV show cut list 2018

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by Leisher »

Fox cancels The Mick, Brooklyn Nine Nine, and The Last Man on Earth.

The Mick was unappreciated during its brilliant first season. B99 is simply awesome and it's apparently going to get shopped to NBC and Hulu for more seasons. TLMoE was interesting, but ultimately crap.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by GORDON »

Last Man ended on a hell of a cliffhanger.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by TheCatt »

Never saw the Mick; B99 was great, but only watched the first 2 seasons; LMoE was Meh. I kept trying to watch it again, then failing.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by GORDON »

Last Man was easy to watch, no stress at all. I've kept up with it.

With things like Westworld... You almost need to gird yourself for an ordeal.
TheCatt
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Last Man was easy to watch, no stress at all.
There wasn't enough 'show'. And I wasn't a big fan of the two main characters' personalities.
GORDON
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by GORDON »

I get that. I didn't really like them either, early on. I'm not sure if they had good character arcs, or if I just got used to it.

I would say Phil changed... But that makes sense. In episode one had been alone for like three years. He needed time to acclimatize back to people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I would say Phil changed...
They definitely made him less annoying.
GORDON
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by GORDON »

right. He was pretty much a goof even before the plague... his brother showed us that... but he ended up being a good, awkward guy, not a villain, like at the end of season 1.
Leisher
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by Leisher »

That cliffhanger was interesting.

I found Forte's character to be unwatchable 85% of the time he was on screen. He was either an absolute scumbag who tried to murder someone to get pussy or he so painfully stupid and socially awkward that he made Michael Scott look like a genius.

B99 being cancelled was further proof that FOX really doesn't know how to program their lineups or appeal to other demos.

The Mick should have been on FX or FXX and it would have been another big hit for them. They could have taken it even darker and adult than they already did. Season 1 was great, but season 2 was obviously them trying to scale back the adult humor and make it more mainstream to draw an audience.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

TV show cut list 2018

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
The Mick should have been on FX or FXX and it would have been another big hit for them. They could have taken it even darker and adult than they already did. Season 1 was great, but season 2 was obviously them trying to scale back the adult humor and make it more mainstream to draw an audience.
I really liked the show, but they did some things that didn't seem too well planned out. Like burning down the house. Made for a good episode, and they worked in a couple of gags with them in the burned out husk after, but most of the series that took place during that time seemed kind of clunky. I think the writers made some big decisions on the show without really thinking them through.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by Leisher »

That was all season 2 stuff. Pretty sure that was about shrinking the budget.
Leisher
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by Leisher »

Fox gets rid of two good shows and then brings back one cancelled on another network.

To be fair, that show was clearly cancelled over politics because it was doing well in the ratings. However, pretty much every show on TV should be cancelled before B99.
Leisher
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by Leisher »

Fox renews Lethal Weapon, but replaces Riggs.

I guess the original actor was a real piece of shit to work with.
Leisher
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by Leisher »

Vince

TV show cut list 2018

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Fox gets rid of two good shows and then brings back one cancelled on another network.

To be fair, that show was clearly cancelled over politics because it was doing well in the ratings. However, pretty much every show on TV should be cancelled before B99.
Last Man Standing was a weird case. I think politics played into only as much as no one would go to bat to save it. Strictly from a budget perspective, cancelling made sense.

If I recall, 20th Century Fox paid for production costs and ABC ran the show and got to keep proceeds from commercials. 20th Century Fox got syndication rights and monies from that. After the six year contract ended, everything would stay the same except for the production costs shifting to ABC. ABC decided they didn't want to pay for everything and only increase the syndication value of the series for more money for Fox while they weren't ponying up any more money. I think I recall that correctly.

At any rate, I can see where ABC was coming from. At the same time, I think if there has been an exec that leaned conservative and tried to save the series, they probably could have.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

TV show cut list 2018

Post by Leisher »