Avengers - Infinity War *spoilers* SPOILERS

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

With all the super hero movies that have inundated film lately i've pretty much gotten fatigued with them and stopped watching them for the most part. But being snowed in this weekend i decided to watch this and i loved it!

Ending was quite the surprise, i can only imagine there is going to be a second one, correct?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Avengers: Endgame comes out this year and will conclude, not only this story, but the current phase Marvel is in.

Captain Marvel comes out first though to set up her character.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Ending was quite the surprise, i can only imagine there is going to be a second one, correct?
This is almost charming to read.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

My wife finally saw it and said everyone was stupid, and Peter quill can stay dead
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

She called it the worst movie except winter soldier in the series. Or guardians 2
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

She like the Opposite Girl.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: She like the Opposite Girl.
She felt like everything was preventable, but people made dumb decisions to allow Thanos to get all the gems. She's not wrong, but I still liked the movie.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Starlord was.the moment everyone has a problem with... But for most moments, I forgive rash decisions as usually being made in the moment, under stress. Peeps are imperfect.

And keep in mind, Strange predicted everything had to happen just right , in order to win. Clearly there's some time fuckery happening, and we are seeing the version of events that HAD to happen, fuckups and all.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: She felt like everything was preventable, but people made dumb decisions to allow Thanos to get all the gems.
So like what happens in real life all the time? I mean, if people always made the right choices, it'd be a different world.
GORDON wrote: I officially have a Most Hated Director.
Who?
TheCatt wrote: She called it the worst movie except winter soldier in the series.
My wife thinks Jaws 4 was the best in that series. Our wives could probably go bowling together.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I mean, if people always made the right choices, it'd be a different world.
Half the universe is on the line....

I mean, I get it, every drama in the universe has the "what if character A were rationale? What if B + A just spoke?, etc" problem.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Half the universe is on the line....
The stakes were high, but people throw away their lives or their family's lives every day without a second thought. They may not have the power to affect half the universe, but affecting every single life you can effect is a big deal.

Also, as Gordon points out, explain to your wife that it had to play out that way. Strange saw every outcome. Sure, it looked like they might win the day had Quill not lost his shit, but we don't know that. Maybe they get the glove off, but then what? How long could they keep Thanos from getting it back? What if someone else put it on with the intention of stopping Thanos only to be corrupted by absolute power, and things got worse?

Ok, this one would be fucking awesome...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Also, as Gordon points out, explain to your wife that it had to play out that way. Strange saw every outcome. Sure, it looked like they might win the day had Quill not lost his shit, but we don't know that. Maybe they get the glove off, but then what? How long could they keep Thanos from getting it back? What if someone else put it on with the intention of stopping Thanos only to be corrupted by absolute power, and things got worse?
What if Red Witch blew up the other stone? And, if they cut off the hand and destroyed all the gems? I mean, what-if-games!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Six million and 12 scenarios, and they won ONE time.

It happened exactly as it had to happen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Six million and 12 scenarios, and they won ONE time.

It happened exactly as it had to happen.
Well, we cannot know that. Yet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I only assume they win at the end, since I just saw a Spider Man trailer.

Also, Hollywood.

One win in six million. Anything different, they lose.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I mean, of course they win.