Ravenous

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ravenous

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

French-Canadian film exclusive to Netflix or something.

Zombie movie, but slightly different. Sound is key here. Most of the film is really, really quiet. The zombies basically stand around waiting to hear things. Once they do, they're like the fast zombie types, but stupider. Thankfully for the zombies, the remaining survivors are also really stupid. How stupid? One of them carries an accordion for no reason what-so-fucking-ever. But I guess that's a critically needed item in a world overrun by zombies who hunt by listening... Or how about the guy randomly walking around without a clue as to what's happening? He seems to have his finger on the pulse of the world, but he has no idea what's happening.

All the scares are jump scares.

Did I mention the zombies also are capable of setting elaborate, obvious, and really creepy traps? Only once though. For some reason the rest don't have that ability. And why do they build monuments? Newsweek seems to think it's their former selves doing repetitive behavior.

My favorite bits are setting mouse traps as early warning systems and people inside homes, ASLEEP, and a hundred yards or more away can hear one snap.

Really interesting shots and moments with the quiet stuff, but damn is this a stupid film. Skip it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Ravenous

Post by Vince »

Yeah, this was a stinker. Before I was really aware of who Guy Pierce was I was on a movie rental binge some years ago and had gotten LA Confidential, Memento and this one within about 10 days of each other. Was an odd coincidence, but overshadowed by the amount of "damned weird" in this movie. Just not very good.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren