Anthony Jeselnik: Thoughts and Prayers

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Anthony Jeselnik: Thoughts and Prayers

Post by Leisher »

Yay Netflix!

Jeselnik's typical dark humor mainly delivered in one liners with twists. He does get a bit personal at times and explains some of the challenges of his humor. He details how Comedy Central tried to censor him, why his show was ended (Netflix should give it a run), and how he puts humor above even relationships.

I fucking love that he picked SF for this show. It makes all the sense in the world based on his "offend as many as possible" brand of comedy.

You can call me crazy, but Jeselnik is on the front line of freedom of speech. You can tell he's passionate about it too. He believes so strongly in a person's freedom to say what they want that he doesn't care if it sabotages his relationships and career.

The special itself is, aside from the powerful message and insight into his life, a mix of really funny stuff, chuckles, and a couple of slow bits.

The best parts for me are the crowd shots of offended people, people laughing their ass off, and the people who laugh and then realize what they're laughing at and change their expression.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”