The Foreigner

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Foreigner

Post by Leisher »

Jackie Chan lives in London with his daughter until a renewed IRA takes her life. Chan demands answers of a bureaucracy that isn't swift in giving them, thus he decides to find answers on his own. Meanwhile, former IRA member, Pierce Bronsan, is now an Irish politician working with the Brits.

I don't want to get further into the plot as I think it would ruin your experience. Hell, I went in not even knowing Bronsan was in the film.

The acting, direction, and pacing were all really well done here. I think this might be the first time I've seen Chan in a really serious role, and he is amazing. This film is definitely an action/drama. Lots of political twists and turns punctuated by some good action sequences.

I had put off watching this as I had heard nothing about it and the RT score was only 62%, but I really enjoyed it. Recommended.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”