A Quiet Place

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Troy

A Quiet Place

Post by Troy »

First time seeing a horror movie in theaters in a while. It was EXCELLENT. Different and cool.
GORDON
Site Admin

A Quiet Place

Post by GORDON »

Yes it was pretty good.

But it makes me wonder when Jim from The Office divorced Pam and got with that blonde woman. Because obviously it's the same universe.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

A Quiet Place

Post by Leisher »

This movie was pretty fucking outstanding.

Held my attention from the jump, and was completely different from what I expected. Why the fuck did I think this was a ghost movie?

The acting is excellent, but the direction is what makes the original concept work. Krasinski does a magnificent job. I think his only flaw was in not really giving me a sense of the layout of the compound.

The concept is original and interesting, and while there are flaws, none of them ripped me out of my immersion in the film. Post film I am able to nitpick a bit more, but it doesn't matter. I've already experienced and enjoyed the shit out of the film.

Absolutely worth seeing, but one you need to be 100% focused on or you'll miss the whole movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

A Quiet Place

Post by thibodeaux »

It was only 90 minutes, so that’s good. Lot of “chekov’” items, which I guess is tight plotting.

That said: the premise is kinda dumb.

Also, pitch black did it first.
Leisher
Site Admin

A Quiet Place

Post by Leisher »

There is one MASSIVE flaw in the design of the creature that hurts the story. Without that flaw, the story would be far tighter.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”