Shazam

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shazam

Post by Leisher »

A rubber suit? Really?

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Shazam

Post by Leisher »

I'm not digging the suit. Both the rubber muscles and the look. Works in the books, but looks really cartoony here.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Shazam

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm guessing this is going to be a comedy, and not an actual superhero movie. So the suit will fit in with that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shazam

Post by Leisher »

Ok, now the suit fits.

GORDON
Site Admin

Shazam

Post by GORDON »

It looks so.stupid from the.still images that I'm not even going to bother with the trailer, unless someone tells me it has a point, besides poor production decisions.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Shazam

Post by Leisher »

The suit fits because apparently this will be a comedy-ish.

I hated the suit, but it works better for me in the trailer...for now.
Vince

Shazam

Post by Vince »

I think this looks pretty fun. It's a variation on every comic book reader's fantasy as a kid.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Shazam

Post by Leisher »

Clearly geared towards children. All the protagonists are kids and all the humor/violence are sanitized. Very much a 50s comic book on film. It has no edginess whatsoever.

It gets really corny towards the climatic scene, and I think that hurts the film overall.

It was fine though. Zachery Levi and the two main kids are great. They really carry the movie.

A fun one to watch with the kids, but this isn't making Marvel fear DC.
GORDON
Site Admin

Shazam

Post by GORDON »

Blah. DC couldn't figure out a cohesive tone to their movies if it was jammed into their eye and glowed blue. This movie was ok, but the DC universe sucks overall, and I don;t care what anyone says, Henry Cavil's superman is the only good thing about it. And apparently they got him to quit. Batting .1000, DC.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."