Good Time

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Good Time

Post by Leisher »

Robert Pattinson proves he can act. Not kidding. Although, to be fair, perhaps this is what he's like in real life. Kind of like how Sean Penn is awesome at playing a thug or a retard.

Pattinson has a mentally challenged brother whom he loves. For some reason, he brings his brother along on a criminal activity that was not very well researched. The brother gets pinched and Pattinson spends the rest of the night or two trying to spring him. I say night or two as it seems to all happen in a single day, but I'm almost positive I heard a news anchor say "last week's" when describing their criminal event. Thinking more about the timeline I'd have to say this is definitely not a day or two, but the timeline is tight. Why is this important? Because I want to call this movie an homage to Dog Day Afternoon.

You could easily classify this as a character/action driven drama or a dark comedy. Shit does not go right from the jump. It's actually quite funny how badly it goes, and it makes me wonder if the filmmakers were commenting on how the criminal mind is simply to react and how they don't pause to think things through? Or maybe they're simply incapable of it? Perhaps that's why the brother is mentally challenged? It's showing that both are actually mentally challenged just one is more obvious? I don't know.

It's mesmerizing at times. I, literally, couldn't look away. Stranger was trying to talk to me in the Roll20 thing, and I completely lost track of our conversation as a scene in the movie pulled me in so deeply.

I liked it, but I'm certain it won't be for everyone. I will say that I felt it was getting long in the tooth at one point, so the running time definitely could have been shortened. I'm glad I watched it, and I'll never watch it again.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”