Mute

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mute

Post by Leisher »

Streaming tomorrow on Netflix.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Mute

Post by Leisher »

Overall, a good film. However, it is a bit plodding.

Alexander Skarsgard (he played It) is a mute Amish man living in futuristic Germany. He has a relationship with a woman that he's deeply in love with, but she disappears and he has to find her. Meanwhile, Paul Rudd is an AWOL American medic with a nasty temper. He's doing work for some German thugs until they get him fake documents so he can leave the country. He is very protective of his daughter and has a creepy friend played by Jennifer Aniston's soon to be ex-husband. Merry also makes an appearance.

It's an interesting film, but there are holes in the plot. I mean, Amish guy in futuristic Germany should be a warning sign. The way they try to explain his lack of technical knowledge, yet how he lives a normal live is shaky at best.

The love interest, played by Seyneb Saleh, is pretty solid and makes you like her. In fact, her and Skarsgard have a legit chemistry. You can see the relationship and love. However, her character's logic is flawed, at best. Trust me, when you learn everything you'll be thinking, like I did, "Why didn't she just ______?" and not just for one thing, but multiple things.

The acting is really strong. The story moves forward, but it's weak. Worth viewing once.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”