Solo

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Solo

Post by thibodeaux »

I already hate it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Solo

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: I already hate it.
Here's your Malcolm, Leisher.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Solo

Post by Vince »

I'm wondering if this will end up like Rogue One. I think the older fans like us really appreciated that film more than the younger viewer because we had an attachment to the original movie and this filled the back story. Will the younger generation that was first introduced to the Han Solo in The Force Awakens really care? He was kind of lame in that.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

One of my 8 year olds will want to see it for Chewbacca.

Disney was wise to resurrect him.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Solo

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: One of my 8 year olds will want to see it for Chewbacca.

Oh, I'm sure it will make money, but will it make blockbuster money? I suspect it will do about the same as Rogue One. Actually, I'll go out on a limb and predict it falls slightly below.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: One of my 8 year olds will want to see it for Chewbacca.

Oh, I'm sure it will make money, but will it make blockbuster money? I suspect it will do about the same as Rogue One. Actually, I'll go out on a limb and predict it falls slightly below.
Considering the production was more troubled than your average DC film, that's not too risky of a prediction.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Solo

Post by TheCatt »

[video][/video]
TheCatt
Site Admin

Solo

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

I'm boycotting it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Solo

Post by GORDON »

You're getting in a cot with a boy?

Again?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

They made Lando pansexual.

Did Disney spend billions just to drive Star Wars into the ground?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Solo

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They made Lando pansexual.

Did Disney spend billions just to drive Star Wars into the ground?
Why is it an issue?
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Why is it an issue?
That's a great question. Why do audiences for a self professed "family friendly" franchise need to know who Lando fucks?

I couldn't care less if someone is pansexual or not, but I really don't need Hollywood constantly shoving their agendas onto established characters. Remember how Lando flirted with everyone in Cloud City? You don't because he didn't. He flirted with Leia exclusively. Changing him to a pansexual person is retconing a character just to fit someone's personal agenda. That sucks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Solo

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That's a great question. Why do audiences for a self professed "family friendly" franchise need to know who Lando fucks?
It's PG-13. People's sexual interests are fair game.
Leisher wrote: but I really don't need Hollywood constantly shoving their agendas onto established characters. Remember how Lando flirted with everyone in Cloud City? You don't because he didn't. He flirted with Leia exclusively.
Pansexual doesn't preclude what happened. He might be open to anyone, but at the moment, he thought Leia was the hot shit. I don't feel like the change violates historical precedent, and I also don't think it matters much, as we're never going to get a movie with Lando fucking space aliens. (I mean, I hope we do, but I'm doubtful)
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: It's PG-13. People's sexual interests are fair game.
If it is a part of the story being told, yes. If not, it's pushing an agenda.

I'm just overly annoyed by Star Wars becoming a shit show, and the "how to get molested properly" training video that is Show Dogs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Solo

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If it is a part of the story being told, yes. If not, it's pushing an agenda.
Eh, sometimes you establish a character for depth. You cannot tell me that the entire 3 books of LotR was essential to a story.
Leisher wrote: I'm just overly annoyed by Star Wars becoming a shit show
I don't argue...
Troy

Solo

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Eh, sometimes you establish a character for depth. You cannot tell me that the entire 3 books of LotR was essential to a story.
Wrong. I read those books mostly so I could find out what hobbits ate for breakfast, and lunch, and dinner, and elevnsies, and all the other ones.

Same with Game of Thrones, with the food part but also adding in the rapey parts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Solo

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Wrong. I read those books mostly so I could find out what hobbits ate for breakfast, and lunch, and dinner, and elevnsies, and all the other ones.
Sure.
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

Solo is a massive bomb in China. It made .75M yen or $120,000 for the midnight openings and is tracking for less than $10M over the weekend.

Fuck you Kathleen Kennedy!