Solo

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

There are rumors making the rounds that since Solo bombed Disney is now going to "listen to fans more".

Until they retcon TLJ, I won't believe they're listening.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Solo

Post by TheCatt »

Star Wars 8: Version 2.0
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

If Ep. 9 starts by revealing 8 was a dream sequence I could live with that.

You have to understand you fucked up in a special way when people hate your SW movie more than the prequels.

I believe we're going to end up with some half-assed attempt at mending fences while still maintaining the disaster Rian Johnson created and Kathleen Kennedy approved. Something like force ghost Luke, Snoke still alive, Rey being revealed to be a Skywalker, etc.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

Rumors all over YouTube that Kathleen Kennedy is out.

This would be huge, but only if they pick the right replacement.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Solo

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Rumors all over YouTube that Kathleen Kennedy is out.

This would be huge, but only if they pick the right replacement.
Well, good luck to us all.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Solo

Post by GORDON »

All.right, I can take a hint.

Brb.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Solo

Post by Troy »

Holy crap this movie is bad.

Currently on sale at amazon. First time I’ve EVER seen a new movie with a reduced price to rent.

Because it’s terrible. Bizarre tone. Weird acting. No good.
GORDON
Site Admin

Solo

Post by GORDON »

EQUAL RIGHTS!!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Holy crap this movie is bad.

Currently on sale at amazon. First time I’ve EVER seen a new movie with a reduced price to rent.

Because it’s terrible. Bizarre tone. Weird acting. No good.
Racist.
Cakedaddy

Solo

Post by Cakedaddy »

I just finally watched it. Had not read anything about it except that people were boycotting it.

I liked it. Saying Lando is pansexual is. . . meh. If he was REALLY having sex with a robot, well, I think that's even been a poll here and I want to say there were some yeses. And having feelings for something that's non-human, or even non-living isn't over reaching. I believe people can form bonds with inanimate objects, etc. Think WW2 pilots and their planes. I have to believe there were some that had an emotional attachment to their planes, especially if they've been through some tough situations. Now give the thing a personality, etc.
I didn't take offense at Lando having feelings for his robot companion and I didn't perceive it as any type of social commentary. If that was their goal, they fell short with me. Hell, then Han's been pansexual since day one calling the Falcon 'she'. Granted, he may not have fucked it. . . but still.

Same with the SJW robot. You really take issue with a robot wanting to help other robots? You must have HATED the Matrix animated prequals then. Robots helping robots is a long standing theme with many IPs. I'm not going to take issue with this instance just because it's in the Star Wars universe and it's become 'popular opinion' to hate all that is not 'Old Star Wars'.

I thought it was a pretty good story, good characters, and fit the backstory that I was familiar with from the original 3 movies.

Oh, and Kirk having sex with Aliens absolutely makes him pansexual. He may have a preference for the feminine acting kind, but they are aliens. We don't really know what sex they are. Lets face it. He was just looking for boobs and a hole.
GORDON
Site Admin

Solo

Post by GORDON »

Not sure if you're reviewing the movie, or my review of the movie.
Cakedaddy

Solo

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'd say both. But really, was addressing most of the posts through this thread.
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

I'm proud to say my boycott stands and I have not seen this movie.
GORDON
Site Admin

Solo

Post by GORDON »

So, everyone with a problem with it is just finding acceptance on the bandwagon?
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: So, everyone with a problem with it is just finding acceptance on the bandwagon?
Which bandwagon?

I said I was done after TLJ unless they reverse course. If the rumors are true and Disney is going to "fix" Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy's spit in the face of fans, then I might go back and watch Solo. As it stands, they have, literally, said they don't want me as a fan. I didn't like TLJ, so instead of taking that criticism and accepting it, they said I was racist and misogynistic. Because thinking destroying decades of canon makes you those things apparently.
GORDON
Site Admin

Solo

Post by GORDON »

It has become popular opinion to hate all star wars that isn't the original trilogy. That bandwagon.

But I liked R1, and TFA. Bam, original thinker.
Leisher
Site Admin

Solo

Post by Leisher »

I also enjoyed RF1 and TFA (despite its flaws).

I could look past the prequels.

It was TLJ that ended my fandom. The terrible, yet beautiful movie was bad enough, but the fact that I was called hateful names by representatives of the company for not liking it was my breaking point. I was a monster because the idiots in charge had no concept of what Star Wars is about or how to stay faithful to the characters? No thanks.
thibodeaux

Solo

Post by thibodeaux »

Just watched this. It wasn't godawful; it was basically a space western. I guess the kid they got to play Han was a little too weasel-faced, but otherwise the movie was watchable.
GORDON
Site Admin

Solo

Post by GORDON »

Do you need anything?