The Cloverfield Paradox

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Cloverfield Paradox

Post by Leisher »

Well, this was a secret...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Cloverfield Paradox

Post by Leisher »

Premieres tonight on Netflix.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Cloverfield Paradox

Post by GORDON »

the fuck.... time to turn on netflix.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

The Cloverfield Paradox

Post by GORDON »

"Premiers after the game."

stupid sports
GORDON
Site Admin

The Cloverfield Paradox

Post by GORDON »

Kid and I watched it last night.

He said it was ok.

I'm still thinking about it

The movie.requires A LOT of justifying, "well, something weird must be happening in the other universe." And even then it doesn't make much sense.

Also a bit of a dark ending. Lane ended on a note of.hope... this one not so much.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Cloverfield Paradox

Post by GORDON »

I've seen comparisons to the movie "Life.". These are incorrect, beyond, "is set on a space station."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Cloverfield Paradox

Post by Leisher »

I agree with your kid, it was ok.

Basically, this movie explains the "why" of Cloverfield. The problem is that it does it in the first 15 minutes of the movie, which means the rest of the movie is only interesting if you want to see what happens to the crew. I, literally, heard the "why" moment and then lost most of my interest in the film. I watched the movie all day because I was so disinterested I would be playing Dying Light, pause the movie so I could hear game dialogue, and then remember like a hour later that I was watching the movie.

It was still fine for what it was and there were some cool moments (the arm is the best part of the movie), but a lot of logic holes exist in the plot. Some of those logic holes involved people acting really, really dumb and selfish.

If you dig the Cloverfield universe or just want to know why that giant monster attacked, then watch this until you have the answer. Then if you're really interested you can watch the rest. Otherwise, skip it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Cloverfield Paradox

Post by Leisher »

This movie wasn't originally a Cloverfield movie.

So it received the same treatment that 10 Cloverfield Lane received. It also helps to explain the otherwise completely pointless scenes on Earth at the aforementioned address.

The next Cloverfield movie that isn't a Cloverfield movie at the moment seems to be Kolma.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Cloverfield Paradox

Post by Leisher »

Confirmed in the Cloverfield 4 thread, but this movie was considered "unsalvageable" by Paramount executives. That's why it went straight to Netflix. Also probably why it became a Cloverfield movie.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Cloverfield Paradox

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Confirmed in the Cloverfield 4 thread, but this movie was considered "unsalvageable" by Paramount executives. That's why it went straight to Netflix. Also probably why it became a Cloverfield movie.
I understand Netflix paid them about 10% over what they spent to make the movie, so it's a "whew, we got bailed out" by the studio.
Cakedaddy

The Cloverfield Paradox

Post by Cakedaddy »

I didn't mind the movie. I didn't mind the arm. Explained by "multi dimension stuff". What bothered me most is what was driving the station in the first place. The world was going to run out of power and go to war. So, we can build a space station and smash space/time. But, we can't build windmills and solar panels? There are a TON of reasons why they were up there doing this stuff. Power running out wasn't one of them.