Shape Of Water

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by TheCatt »

Shape of Water
From master story teller, Guillermo del Toro, comes THE SHAPE OF WATER - an other-worldly fairy tale, set against the backdrop of Cold War era America circa 1962. In the hidden high-security government laboratory where she works, lonely Elisa (Sally Hawkins) is trapped in a life of isolation. Elisa's life is changed forever when she and co-worker Zelda (Octavia Spencer) discover a secret classified experiment. Rounding out the cast are Michael Shannon, Richard Jenkins, Doug Jones and Michael Stuhlbarg.
I'm not quite sure what to say about this film. The acting is great, it's visually interesting. But the plot is boring and simple. You basically know what's going to happen, and I feel like this film has no real statement about... anything.

Meh/10
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by Leisher »

Have you watched Big Mouth on Netflix yet? They reference a book called The Rock of Gibraltar, and I wonder if this movie is the same story as that book.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Have you watched Big Mouth on Netflix yet? They reference a book called The Rock of Gibraltar, and I wonder if this movie is the same story as that book.
Here's your answer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Have you watched Big Mouth on Netflix yet? They reference a book called The Rock of Gibraltar, and I wonder if this movie is the same story as that book.
Here's your answer.
I don't get it. I assumed a book in an animated show was made up. It's a love story between a woman and a horse.

My question is whether or not "Shape of Water" is the same story.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's a love story between a woman and a horse.
Never seen the show, so no idea what you were talking about.

It's a woman + a sea monster.
GORDON
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by GORDON »

And they do it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Never seen the show, so no idea what you were talking about.
That's why I asked if you had seen the show.
GORDON wrote: And they do it.
That's really the big question. Does the woman fuck the sea monster?
GORDON
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by GORDON »

They do it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Does the woman fuck the sea monster?
Feels like spoiler material.
GORDON
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by GORDON »

Meh.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Does the woman fuck the sea monster?
Feels like spoiler material.
Fair enough. You should watch Big Mouth.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The acting is great, it's visually interesting. But the plot is boring and simple. You basically know what's going to happen, and I feel like this film has no real statement about... anything.
Ditto.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You should watch Big Mouth.
I've seen the first two episodes now...
Leisher
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by Leisher »

The first season is good, although you need to hold on a bit as things get weird. (It is explained.)

Have they discussed The Rock of Gibraltar yet?

The second season...wait for the review.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The Rock of Gibraltar yet?
I don't think so. We have male + female hormone monsters.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by Leisher »

The Rock of Gibraltar stuff is where you'll understand why this show was brought up in this thread.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Here's your answer.
I don't get it. I assumed a book in an animated show was made up. It's a love story between a woman and a horse.

My question is whether or not "Shape of Water" is the same story.
Rock of Gibraltar is based on this book, apparently.

And yes, I saw the episode today.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by Leisher »

Going back to the movie, that one scene in the bathroom...fucking ridiculous.

Fuck lonely women for making this a "top movie".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fuck lonely women
I mean...
Leisher
Site Admin

Shape Of Water

Post by Leisher »

Ha! I left that there on purpose. I knew one of you would jump on it.