Captain Marvel (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Cakedaddy

Captain Marvel

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'll wait till it's free. FUCK I wanted to like her. I just can't any more on principle. All I can think through the whole trailer "You're a psycho who's trying to vilify normal interactions between people".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: I'll wait till it's free. FUCK I wanted to like her. I just can't any more on principle. All I can think through the whole trailer "You're a psycho who's trying to vilify normal interactions between people".
I really think you're over-reacting.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: I'll wait till it's free. FUCK I wanted to like her. I just can't any more on principle. All I can think through the whole trailer "You're a psycho who's trying to vilify normal interactions between people".
I really think you're over-reacting.
Typically, I would agree with Cake. For example: Jennifer Lawrence calling everyone who looked at her nude photos a rapist.

However, in this case, I can understand her point (although she did get a touch too hysterical with it initially). The guy who asked her had authority over her. I can absolutely see why it would be inappropriate for him to do so in that situation.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

I think the press probably conflated it more with #metoo than she did. She just called it out at the time.
Cakedaddy

Captain Marvel

Post by Cakedaddy »

She used it as an example of "Women having to live on guard". Fucking EVERYONE should go through life on some level of "on guard". A dude asked you for your phone number. He didn't try to rape you. He was at work and shouldn't have because I'm SURE it's against the rules. But that was a dude hoping he'd score with a 'hot chick'. It wasn't an example of how woman are constantly under attack.

If he'd gone to the level that her supporters described he COULD have. Pull her her aside. Asked for a search (obviously not performed by him). Held her up. All because she refused him. YES! An example of women being fucked with. BUT HE DIDN'T!!! He asked for her fucking number. She said "No". He said "Ok". FUCK! That's IT!

Was she afraid he might fuck with her if she said no? Sure. Valid fear. Did she feel pressured to comply to avoid a hassle? Sure. I'd buy that. However, reverse the rolls. A female TSA agent asking a dude (or a chick for that matter). All fears still valid. This is NOT an example of Women being oppressed. It's an example of someone acting inappropriately at work. Her tweet should have been "Fuck TSA". Not "This is what women have to deal with and why we need to be on guard at all times". Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, you attention craving whore. In my best Charlie Day "UUHH!!!! That felt GOOD!".

thibodeaux

Captain Marvel

Post by thibodeaux »

Somebody put it this way: EVERY woman has received unwanted sexual advances. Because otherwise that means:
a) she's never gotten an advance she didn't like (i.e., she's a slut)
b) she's never gotten an advance (i.e., she's ugly)

Of course, it's also the patriarchy's fault that a woman doesn't want to be an ugly slut, but whatever.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

I've received unwanted sexual advances, but I still talk to my harasser Gordon.
Cakedaddy

Captain Marvel

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've been wondering when Leisher was going to join the #metoo movement with the harassment he receives at work. He's a survivor!! Thoughts and prayers buddy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote: I've been wondering when Leisher was going to join the #metoo movement with the harassment he receives at work. He's a survivor!! Thoughts and prayers buddy.
He wouldn't be allowed, and would be criticized, and if the right crowd got him, he'd lose his job.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I've been wondering when Leisher was going to join the #metoo movement with the harassment he receives at work. He's a survivor!! Thoughts and prayers buddy.
People, including the HR Manager and board members, laugh about it. If I really cared about joining the #metoo movement, I could be a poster child for harassed men. However, I don't give a fuck and I like my job.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
Good thing he's a black man.
GORDON
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by GORDON »

It was ok. Felt a little long. The best scene in the movie was literally the one mid-credits, when Danvers wasn't hardly in it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: It was ok.
That seems to be what most reviews are saying.
GORDON wrote: The best scene in the movie was literally the one mid-credits, when Danvers wasn't hardly in it.
I've also heard that from more than just you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by GORDON »

It really is.too.bad Brie Larson has a problem with white people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Just proves hatred for white men is real. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Conspiracy theory!

Let's revisit those opening weekend box office numbers after this weekend.

Why? There were a lot of people tweeting and instagraming pictures of themselves seeing Captain Marvel on opening weekend in empty or mostly empty theaters. It's a hot topic on the YouTubes.

Now they could absolutely have been faking the pictures, but it was more than 3-5 people. So the thought is that Disney knew the Brie Larson backlash was real and bought tickets themselves to artificially boost the box office, which I believe has happened previously. (Or SJWs did, but that's harder to believe.)

The second weekend's box office numbers should give a better picture of fan reception.