Captain Marvel (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel (2019)

Post by Leisher »

First images of Brie Larson in the suit.

Remember when she wanted to do a Golden Gate with Pete?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Captain Marvel

Post by Cakedaddy »

I have always really liked her. A bit of a crush I'd say. But since she tweeted about being molested by a TSA agent when he asked for her phone number. . . . It really put a wedge between us.
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: But since she tweeted about being molested by a TSA agent when he asked for her phone number
Well, she didn't say "molested"...

If you follow a couple of the sub-tweets, you'll see that her stance seems to change because I think she realized she was in the wrong. Instead of "This guy asked for my number just because I smiled, and woe is me" it became "It was inappropriate for someone in a position of authority to ask for my number while he was working".

The first stance she's getting, rightfully, blasted for, but the second part she isn't wrong about.
thibodeaux

Captain Marvel

Post by thibodeaux »

The TSA guy must have been thinking "chicks dig uniforms."
Cakedaddy

Captain Marvel

Post by Cakedaddy »

It was absolutely inappropriate and probably against TSA rules. But she jumped onto the METOO bulshit with it. Fuuuuuck you with that bullshit. Insulting to those that had really been assaulted. Next people who get PK'ed in games will be using METOO. Although. Technically, they already have.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: But she jumped onto the METOO bulshit with it.
Where? I see no hashtag in her tweets. I see her not saying that in any article I googled (ok, I only read 1, but still...)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Maybe he meant the timing of it in relation to the #metoo movement?
Cakedaddy

Captain Marvel

Post by Cakedaddy »

She didn't tag it with metoo, but whatever. Her intent is obvious. Message I got was "Don't like Brie. She feels threatened by it." I'd hate to upset her, so fuck her.

Dude responds with "he thought you were attractive" her response "oh. So I was asking for it" whatever. He asked for your damn number!
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

I get your outrage.

I also understand where she's coming from.

However, you're right in that she WAY overreacted.
Vince

Captain Marvel

Post by Vince »

On Captain Marvel, I don't really have a big desire on this one. Not even as a rental. But I think the Marvel movies are abundant enough now that I can treat them like the comic books and only consume the ones that interest me. 25 years ago I'd have seen any comic based movie because I was craving them so badly.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by GORDON »

Peeps said the same about the first Guardians movie... And look what happened.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Captain Marvel

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: Peeps said the same about the first Guardians movie... And look what happened.
I didn't know anything about the Guardians, but Rocket and Groot were the draw for me to go see it. This so far has no draw for me. The shot from the first trailer with Rocket on Groot's shoulder as they're spinning and Rocket is firing the gun with the maniacal grin. Add the soundtrack, and my interest was piqued. So far I have none of that with this.

Not saying it won't do well. It just isn't doing anything for me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
GORDON wrote: Peeps said the same about the first Guardians movie... And look what happened.
I didn't know anything about the Guardians, but Rocket and Groot were the draw for me to go see it. This so far has no draw for me. The shot from the first trailer with Rocket on Groot's shoulder as they're spinning and Rocket is firing the gun with the maniacal grin. Add the soundtrack, and my interest was piqued. So far I have none of that with this.

Not saying it won't do well. It just isn't doing anything for me.
To be fair, the only thing you've seen so far are half a dozen stills.
Vince

Captain Marvel

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:To be fair, the only thing you've seen so far are half a dozen stills.
True. They weren't able to get me excited about Black Panther either. Might catch it on a movie channel free preview, but otherwise not really interested in that one either. I think the last Marvel movie we caught at the theater was Doctor Strange. That was because of my love of his comic and the wife really wanted to see it. I had reservations about the film which pretty much panned out. The film was better than I feared, but not as good as I'd hoped.
GORDON
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by GORDON »

BP is on Netflix now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

BP was/is CRAZY overrated, but a good film.
Vince

Captain Marvel

Post by Vince »

No Netflix here due to satellite Internet. And don't get me wrong, I don't really have an issue with Black Panther like I did with the Doctor Strange movie. It just doesn't much interest me. I never much cared for the comic character, so I'll probably get around to seeing it when it rolls onto Dish cable.

To be honest, If the Thor movies were starting now instead of near the beginning, I'd probably have skipped on them for the same reasons. After the second Thor movie I'd have probably passed entirely on the third movie if not for the great reviews here. So got it on Redbox.
Leisher
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Captain Marvel

Post by GORDON »

Yes.