The Circle

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Circle

Post by Leisher »

Yay Amazon Prime!

Emma Watson, looking very fuckable, gets a job at Google...I mean Circle. That's where she begins to have her personal life and work life collide and go public.

The rest of the movie is a crash course in how to tell a story in the least subtle way possible. John Boyega is here being the only person in the room who sees danger in technology. Patton Oswald and Tom Hanks are the people in charge of Circle. I have no idea why Hanks did this film. He must have been an investor or something. Bill Paxton is also here playing Emma's MS stricken dad.

There's a very interesting message here, but as I said it isn't subtle. I do find it interesting that the people who fall into the trap are people generally considered left wing, while the people generally considered right wing don't.

Oh, and that anti-climatic ending. Wow.

This could have been an episode of Black Mirror, but it wasn't as well executed.

Skip it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Circle

Post by GORDON »

My book was called "The Circle" for a year before I ever heard of this movie or book, so it can go fuck itself.

This is why I'm still scrambling on the final title.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

The Circle

Post by thibodeaux »

The ending was stupid (wife says it was completely unlike the book).

However, the most unbelievable part was casting a black guy as a software developer.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Circle

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: However, the most unbelievable part was casting a black guy as a software developer.
Maybe future black engineers will be inspired by him.
It's not me, it's someone else.