Mortal Engines

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mortal Engines

Post by Leisher »

Peter Jackson's latest.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Mortal Engines

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mortal Engines

Post by TheCatt »

Don't think I've ever heard of it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mortal Engines

Post by Leisher »

RT score is in the 20s. It also didn't get a lot of promotion, so I think the studio knew it sucked.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mortal Engines

Post by Leisher »

Yay my friend's HBOGo account.

I've been wanting to see this one for a while.

The best way I can describe it is "It reminds me a lot of Dune."

You enter this world with a scene explaining how it all works. It's utter nonsense, of course, but whatever. A character history or two are filled in with flashbacks. Basically, it feels like watching a sequel without ever seeing or hearing about the original film. Some interesting concepts get wasted here and there, particularly the stalker.

Hugo Weaving is here in possibly the least interesting role I can remember him playing. Lots of throwaway characters and people who we're supposed to care about, but you won't because they get little screen time and no background.

This could have been something better, but one film was clearly not enough to fit this story and its characters.

As it stands, it's very forgettable.
GORDON
Site Admin

Mortal Engines

Post by GORDON »

I gave this one about 60% of my attention the other day. Interesting concepts, but it didn't seem very good. Characters were all pretty much 1 dimensional. No gripping dialogue.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."