Chopping Mall

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Chopping Mall

Post by Leisher »

Yay Amazon Prime!

A movie I had never heard of before this week, and then heard it referenced in two different places. Curiosity got the better of me, so I used the handy "Just Watch" app to find out where I could watch it.

A mall secures the services of three robots to guard the stores at night. How this costs less than just hiring a security guard, I have no idea...

Anyway, some teenagers, who are clearly not teenagers, have a party in a furniture store in the mall after hours. Little do they know a thunderstorm is raging outside.

Do I need to spell out the rest of the story for you?

This movie is laughably bad, but is awesome for the same reason. During the demo video we see the robots have darts that put people to sleep and a stun gun. However, they later have eye lasers for some reason.

And damn is this movie "80s". The hair, the clothes, the everything is so...80s.

You know what else? Gratuitous nudity!

Is it worth watching? Nah. If you just want to watch for nostalgia's sake or before you're watching it on the re-re-reboot of Mystery Science Theater, then yes. I enjoyed it, but not because it's good. I enjoyed it because of how dumb it was...and the boobs.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”