Baby Driver (2017)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Baby Driver (2017)

Post by GORDON »

Young driving prodigy uses his skills while being forced to drive for some sort of crime lord.

Movie was meh, and exactly what I expected from the commercials... but the director, Edgar Wright, made a few clever scene elements that keep the movie from being completely boring.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Baby Driver

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Young driving prodigy uses his skills while being forced to drive for some sort of crime lord.

Movie was meh, and exactly what I expected from the commercials... but the director, Edgar Wright, made a few clever scene elements that keep the movie from being completely boring.
Saw it, and then the Kevin Spacey thing broke like a few weeks later. I felt betrayed. Double twist ending!
GORDON
Site Admin

Baby Driver

Post by GORDON »

I almost made mention of the Kevin Spacey thing, but it's all just too icky.
Leisher
Site Admin

Baby Driver

Post by Leisher »

Watching it right now.

Kevin Spacey just said, "I didn't stop him though because I was just blinded by the balls on that kid."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Baby Driver

Post by Leisher »

I enjoyed it.

Experimental film genre. I didn't understand Spacey's character at all, particularly at the end. However, Jamie Fox and Jon Hamm were awesome. Needed more Shane/Punisher though.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Baby Driver

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Baby Driver

Post by Vince »

I agree that this was pretty good. Some interesting visual things going on in various spots, but they almost seemed like easter eggs they were so rare and random.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Baby Driver

Post by GORDON »

I thought it was overrated. That Redneck Ocean's 7/11 was better, and I can't even remember the name of it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Baby Driver

Post by Leisher »

Lucky Logan

Completely different movies with different themes though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Baby Driver

Post by TheCatt »

Saw it, really enjoyed it, more than most here. But maybe cuz the hyped died years ago.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Baby Driver

Post by Cakedaddy »

I didn't know anything about it when I saw it a long time ago and really liked it. I've watched it a few times. However, I really don't like what Kevin Spacey's character does at the end. Goes against EVERYTHING he built up the entire film. Just cause he see a girl? Ya. No. But it didn't ruin it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Baby Driver (2017)

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:25 pm However, I really don't like what Kevin Spacey's character does at the end. Goes against EVERYTHING he built up the entire film. Just cause he see a girl? Ya. No. But it didn't ruin it.
The film certainly doesn't give any justification for it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Baby Driver (2017)

Post by GORDON »

I ordinarily like quirky movies with cool characters, but something about this one just didn't engage me.