Game Night

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Game Night

Post by Leisher »

Looks ok.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Game Night

Post by TheCatt »

Looks meh. but... EVIL MATT DAMON!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Game Night

Post by Leisher »

It was indeed meh.

Bateman is Bateman. Always a solid performance.

Rachel McAdams is in that "not super hot, but really attractive, yet wonky girl next door" zone. She's not so hot that it makes her character unbelievable, but she's not unattractive. She's just good looking enough that she could make herself unattractive, if say, she went blonde with a bad hairdo. However, her facials seem to indicate her personality is down to Earth and fun like in this film.

The star of the movie, for me, was evil Matt Damon (Jesse Plemons). He is amazing.

Anyway, Bateman and McAdams fall in love over their shared interest in competing, particularly in games. They host a game night quite often that seems to usually involve two other couples. A third couple, of which evil Matt Damon was a member, has been absent since they split up. On this occasion, Bateman's most successful brother, Brooks, is coming. (I think the casting choice for Brooks didn't mesh with the description given in the script.)

Brooks hired a company to kidnap someone at game night and the couple that finds and rescues the kidnapped person gets a fabulous prize. Real kidnappers show up and shit goes south. A bunch of wacky stuff happens that could only happen in movies.

There are some chuckles, but this isn't an instant comedy classic. The other couples simply don't get enough screen time or build up for me to care about them. Thus, a lot of their jokes fall flat.

Worth seeing once, I guess? If you never see it, you're not missing anything.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Game Night

Post by TheCatt »

Evil Matt Damon was the highlight. Movie was good enough, not great.
It's not me, it's someone else.