Book - "Saved - Book 1 of The Circle Trilogy" - by me

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.

How many books have you written?

No votes
25%
3+
75%

Total votes: 4

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Already used the Stephen King analogy. I got a "good point" reaction.
Lately I've been pondering why there haven't been more presidential assassination attempts. Partly because I read 11-22-63, partly because I was young when the Reagan attempt happened, and they drill the whole Lincoln bit into your head in school.

Am I planning to assassinate a president? No. (Got that NSA/FBI? NO)

But, I ponder it, like how would it work. What makes it harder than it used to be? Etc.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So far, two votes, "Really good," one vote, "It made me so uncomfortable I couldn't finsih."

I wish amazon reviews started showing up. I know of at least 3 that arent showing up, yet.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I wish amazon reviews started showing up. I know of at least 3 that arent showing up, yet.
Sorry chief, I was honestly waiting until I read it. 5 stars no matter what though.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: I wish amazon reviews started showing up. I know of at least 3 that arent showing up, yet.
Sorry chief, I was honestly waiting until I read it. 5 stars no matter what though.
I assumed he meant 3 he knew people had written. I as well, not writing until I read it. Especially since Amazon can actually track that since I'm using their reading app.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I;m contemplating putting a "trigger warning" in my book description. I'm certainly not trying to ambush anyone. There are certainly plenty of allusions to rape, even if i'm not describing it.

Apparently warnings are a contentious subject.... researching now.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Don't take this the wrong way because A) I haven't read it yet and B) you know I'm rooting for your success, but while I completely understand crossing your fingers for some good feedback, you wrote and published a book. That's a win. A huge fucking win.

Doesn't matter if the book sucks or not. You completed your goal and now you have more experience heading into that second book. Your first book doesn't have to be awesome, but your second book should show improvement, and so on. That should be what you focus on right now.

Too much good praise, especially fake praise, could be negative to your future writing.
Agree totally with this. Regardless of anything here on out, almost everyone has thought or talked about writing something. You did it to completion.

Also, where can I find this? Been searching, but don't know if the title changed or what.

IOW... Link please?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm starting to lean toward "I don't want anyone who knows me to read it." Getting more fucked up feedback. Basically everything I was worried about before my early readers told me it wasn't as dark as i thought.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

But I'll post it if you can remain cool. I may not have many friends left after this.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's about underage girls trapped in a sex ring, and how they got rescued. It isn't graphic sex. It isn't erotica. But I don't mince words, either. I warned everyone ahead of time, and then i get "It made me too uncomfortble."

goddammit

tht's book 1. books 2 and 3 are the aftermath, and how they recover in their own ways. some parts of those books are fucking triumphant. but book 1 is dark and uncomfortable and honest. fair warning.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And if I'm being completely honest, I could use some encouraging words from someone who has read it, at this point. It's been a bad day.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

*crickets*

:-)

If you think you'll have a problem with it, do me a favor and don't read it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Again, I won't read it until my trip. If I have nice things to say you WILL hear them.

Don't let folks bring you down though. Everyone gets negative feedback. Keep telling your stories.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Okay. Want to read it. Can someone point me towards where to find it?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You b-holes have been warned. I dont want any "I feel uncomfortable associating with you now" crap.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I dont want any "I feel uncomfortable associating with you now" crap.
That's assuming we haven't already felt uncomfortable associating with you.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Different-uncomfortable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: You b-holes have been warned. I dont want any "I feel uncomfortable associating with you now" crap.
Don't you know us?

At any rate, will read in 1 week, was out celebrating our anniversary this weekend.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I thought I knew the other people.

I woke up with a more "fuck 'um" mindset, but still, some positive feedback would be nice.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Don't you know us?
My twisted ass was thinking about the offended people and how funny it would be if Gordon did an audio book version where it sounds like he's masturbating. :D

Let's see how they respond to that!