Big Mouth

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Postby GORDON » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Yay! Netflix.

A raunchy animated comedy about a group of school friends as they literally begin puberty, and the real problems and changes it brings.

It is obscene... but it feels strangely accurate. One kid can't stop jerking off. One girl gets her first period while on a field trip, while wearing white shorts. I'm actually contemplating letting my kid watch it, since he's hitting that age.

I dunno. Just a strange, original show.
Fuuuuuuck YOU.

Leisher
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Postby Leisher » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:05 am

I am really enjoying this show.

Lots of voices you'll recognize, but Nick Kroll does a lot of them as well. I honestly thought the Hormone Monster was Will Arnett and was shocked to learn it was Kroll. I love that Jason Mantzoukas (Rafi from The League) is in this and his character is like a Rafi in training. John Mulaney's voice works perfectly in this project. He actually sounds like a kid going through puberty. Seriously, check out the IMDB page and you'll see a fuckton of people you know.

This isn't a "laugh out loud" show, so much as it's entertaining and, as Gordon says, accurate. Yes, you'll laugh and it is outrageous at moments, but it also really hits the nail on the head in how we think at that age.

Maybe a little too adult for your kid Gordo. Even if it's not, I mean, you don't want to start going through a lot of soup do you?

Return to “Movies, Television, Books (Does anyone still read?)”