Sex Scandals

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Doesn't matter what you say, it will be misinterpreted. Thus, don't say anything about anything.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

We always watch the arrivals to the awards events, so my wife can see their clothing and jewelry that they wear for the fancy events. But tonight, all the women and men (almost all), were wearing black for the Golden Globes to draw attraction to sexual harassment, etc.

My wife: Is it wrong that this makes it boring to me, and I don't want to watch it?

We skipped it after about 10 minutes in.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Black to protest an evil thing? That's racist.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Vince »

"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Excelsior!
He's 95. I mean... I've known a handful of 90 year olds, and none of them were 100% mentally there.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

1. As Catt said, he's old. At some point these assholes need to understand that 95 year olds might not be mentally capable of harassment. You'd think a company with trained nurses would know that...
2. As the article states, both Lee and the new nursing company he uses deny these allegations. Considering he's been using the new one for well over a year, I'd say this accusation is a lie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Mo money.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Putting this here because this is now a full on movement and not just about sexual harassment anymore.

Wahlberg gets paid 1500 times more than Michelle Williams for reshoots.

People are all sorts of pissed off over this news. Taken at face value, it's fucked up.

However, I'm willing to bet there's more to it. If Wahlberg just negotiated for more cash, then good for him being business savvy. Does he deserve to be condemned for it? Does he need to return to work on something he didn't contractually agree to for free just to make you feel better? What if this was to offset some fee he was incurring elsewhere by missing out on shooting a different film?

I also want to point out that nobody is talking about how much more he made than the other male actors. People are just cherry picking Michelle Williams' salary and comparing it to his.

BTW, I honestly couldn't pick Michelle Williams out of a lineup. That's not a shot at her, but she's not selling tickets.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, I don't know who she is either, I've heard the name a few times, but that's it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Heard of him. Haven't heard of her.

Outraged anyway.
Vince

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: However, I'm willing to bet there's more to it.
Most of the shots that had to be reshot involved Wahlberg. So he actually had to do a lot more work for the reshoots after Spacey was shitcanned., Also, she offered to do the reshoots for minimum pay. Wahlberg knew they were over the barrel and said, "Sure I'll do the reshoots, but it's gonna cost you. A lot."
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Court of public opinion gets to do the punishing too apparently.

Fuck this guy who slapped Weinstein. Harvey may be a massive pile of shit, but the dude who physically assaults him isn't any better. What the fuck gives him the right to assault someone? Because women have made allegations against him?
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

From the party that made it ok to punch "nazis."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Court of public opinion gets to do the punishing too apparently.

Fuck this guy who slapped Weinstein. Harvey may be a massive pile of shit, but the dude who physically assaults him isn't any better. What the fuck gives him the right to assault someone? Because women have made allegations against him?
That was the weeniest slap I've ever seen.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Court of public opinion gets to do the punishing too apparently.

That was the weeniest slap I've ever seen.
I don't think people who feel "morally justified" in hitting someone that hasn't directly wronged them are able to throw powerful punches.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I don't think people who feel "morally justified" in hitting someone that hasn't directly wronged them are able to throw powerful punches.
Hah.

But to your kinda other point, fuck Harvey. Everyone can kill him.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: But to your kinda other point, fuck Harvey. Everyone can kill him.
Can't honestly say I haven't had the same feelings about Weinstein and others, but you're standing on one of those slippery slopes. As you said elsewhere: "Innocent until proven guilty".

Weinstein is a weird case because as disgusted as I am by him and as certain as I am that he victimized women, I also believe 100% that some of his "victims" did stuff willingly because they knew it would lead to fame and/or fortune. As Dave Chappelle said, "You don't get to choose to give a blow job and then, upon having buyer's remorse, claim to be the victim." (I'm paraphrasing, but it's from his latest special and he's taking heat for it...of course.)
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

"People who still can't get over an ass grab 30 years later have brittle souls."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Can't honestly say I haven't had the same feelings about Weinstein and others, but you're standing on one of those slippery slopes. As you said elsewhere: "Innocent until proven guilty".
Preponderance of evidence.
"People who still can't get over an ass grab 30 years later have brittle souls."
Lot more than that going on.

Creator of Shitty Media Men list identifies self