The Bay (2012)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Bay (2012)

Post by Leisher »

Yay Hulu!

Here's my review I just posted on Rotten Tomato and IMDB:
As scientifically accurate as The Flintstones. But at least the acting wasn't very good! Seriously though, the people behind this terrible "found footage" film did absolutely zero research into anything. No government entity or service provider performs as they normally would in such circumstances. The "cause" of the outbreak is, literally, just a jumbled mish mash of hot button eco issues. It is the film equivalent of someone running down a deserted street yelling "synergy" and truly thinking that's a good marketing campaign for jeans. The only "reality" to be found here is that small town mayors can be dumb and microscopic organisms can indeed kill us. Outside of that, they might as well have had Scooby and the Mystery Machine as the central figure in the movie.

Yes, I was so offended by how bad this movie was that I felt the need to review it elsewhere. What's worse is all the reviews talking about how it's such a smart film and plausible.

There truly is no hope for mankind.

I honestly would say "Skip it", but I will say I want someone else to see it. I need to talk to someone else about it. This makes Armageddon look like a fucking documentary.

If Thib thinks Wonder Woman was retarded this would make his damn head explode.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”