Mother! (2017)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mother! (2017)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mother!

Post by TheCatt »

Well, at least people are talking about it? :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Mother!

Post by GORDON »

I am glad the Jennifer Lawrence movie bombed. I don't like her any more after she said those kids deserved to die in the hurricane because people voted for Trump. I think he career should be over, over that shit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Mother!

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I am glad the Jennifer Lawrence movie bombed. I don't like her any more after she said those kids deserved to die in the hurricane because people voted for Trump. I think he career should be over, over that shit.
She said that?

You'll be happy to know that her boyfriend is the director of this movie. I'm sure they're on some beach right now complaining about how stupid people are that they can't see the brilliance of their film.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Mother!

Post by Vince »

I think edgy for the sake of edgy is on the way out in films. Mostly because everyone gets enough of that in social media.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Mother!

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: I am glad the Jennifer Lawrence movie bombed. I don't like her any more after she said those kids deserved to die in the hurricane because people voted for Trump. I think he career should be over, over that shit.
She said that?

You'll be happy to know that her boyfriend is the director of this movie. I'm sure they're on some beach right now complaining about how stupid people are that they can't see the brilliance of their film.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... e-49705968
Email
Jennifer Lawrence is facing backlash online for suggesting that monster hurricanes that just devastated Texas and another nearing Florida may have been prompted by Donald Trump becoming president.
Now when she pisses me off I just google pics of her with a load on her face, again.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mother!

Post by Leisher »

Bat shit crazy confirmed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mother!

Post by Leisher »

Saw this one for free tonight.

For her part, Lawrence is gorgeous here and does a great job. In fact, all the acting is great, but you get that when you hire great actors like Javier Bardem, Ed Harris, and Michelle Pfeiffer.

What's the movie about? Lawrence is shacked up with Bardem and crazy, as in really weird, shit starts happening when Harris shows up one evening. That's as far as I can go without spoilers.

Not as bad as I expected, but I understand why it bombed. It's way too artsy for audiences in our current blockbuster world.

The themes are really enormous in scope and I think most of it will go over people's heads. That's generally what happens when you use tons of symbolism to tell a story instead of telling a story directly.

As the movie progresses there are things you will figure out and others that you won't (at least, I didn't and I don't see others who did either on Google). There is one theory out there that I really like, and it genuinely makes me like the movie...a lot.

You're very likely to not like the film, but the mystery of it should keep you entertained enough. Seriously, after the first half of the movie you won't be able to look away. Too much shit happening. If you can make it through, IM me what you think was going on and I'll respond back with the really good theory. I truly think, like with me, it'll make you genuinely like the film.
GORDON
Site Admin

Mother!

Post by GORDON »

I figured out 80% of what was happening in the last 5 minutes. It has me rethinking what I'd seen the entire two hours, and I saw how it all fit into place.

But confusing as shit, until you get it.